Hey, do you have young people in your life that would like to learn about how to create websites? Come to our Kid Camp!
It’s from 9am to noon on Sunday, March 15th. We’ll cover the basics of setting up a site and talk about what it means to publish something publicly on the web. We’ll also have pizza from Pi for lunch!
The class is geared towards 8-13 year olds, however, any age is welcome to attend (space permitting). Parents or legal guardians must be present for children under 12. All attendees must bring a laptop.
Only one adult ticket is needed if you’re bringing multiple kids.
- Presenters: Russell Fair, Chris Koerner, Lucas Lima, Eric Juden
Topics we’ll cover:
- What is WordPress?
- How is it being used?
- Let’s create our blog! (using a free account on wordpress.com)
- How to add new posts and pages
- How to add multimedia (photos, video)
- Talk about privacy and security
- Copyright and fair use
- Free and open source software (like WordPress!)
- Talk about the public nature of the web.
What to bring:
- A laptop
- An email address (for younger kids, you can use your adult’s email address)